Avant Supported Living’s caring and capable team provides responsive, and tailored support to help individuals with developmental disabilities build the skills they need to live as independently as possible in the home of their choosing. We’re proud to provide creative, diverse, and flexible care to support and empower people with disabilities through our Shared Living programs.
Providing Companion and Host Home Services to People with Disabilities
Avant Supported Living provides the option for Shared Living, an arrangement in which an individual with developmental disabilities chooses to live with a couple, another individual, or a family in the community to share their life experiences together. Shared Living can be provided in the home of the caregiver (Host Home Services) or in the individual’s home (Companion Services). Our Shared Living services offer a safe, nurturing home by giving guidance, support, and personal attention to each individual, helping them acquire new skills and learn to use community resources and services when appropriate.
Avant’s Supported Living services include the following:
- Basic personal care and grooming, including bathing, hair care, and help with clothing
- Assistance with bladder and/or bowel requirements
- Assistance with medication and performing needed healthcare activities
- Performing essential household services in the home like changing the sheets and other cleaning tasks
- Assessing, monitoring, and supervising the individual to ensure he or she is safe and healthy
- Preparing a shopping list to procure grocery items according to the individual’s dietary needs
- Personal laundry
- Errands as necessary, including accompanying the individual on appointments
- Skill development to maintain and enhance present skills, which will lead to greater independence
To learn more about Shared Living, please contact us at (573) 207-2070.
Looking for more information on
Avant Supported Living’s Services?
Please contact us at (573) 207-2070 or schedule an appointment below.