Avant Supported Living’s Community-Based services assist individuals with developmental disabilities by providing in-home respite, personal assistance, and one-to-one community networking services to help individuals perform activities of daily living more easily. Our goal is to give individuals the tools they need so they may carry out key life tasks as independently as possible while communicating more effectively with others.
Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
Avant Supported Living provides a variety of adaptive and assistive devices, controls, or appliances that individuals need in order to help them become more self-sufficient. This may include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, and canes
- Special clothing designed for individuals with disabilities
- Incontinence supplies including adult diapers, bedpans, and bed-wetting protective gear
- Back and leg braces
- Shower chairs
- Liquid nutrition
To learn more about Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies, please contact us at (573) 207-2070.
Avant Supported Living’s support brokers provide information and assistance to individuals or their loved ones for the purpose of self-directing supports. This includes practical skills training and providing information on recruiting and hiring personal assistant workers and managing workers, and providing information on effective communication and problem solving. Our support brokers will provide the individual with information and assistance in order to do the following:
- Establish work schedules for the individual’s employees based upon their unique support plan
- Help manage the individual’s budget and employee rate setting
- Seek other supports or resources outlined in the support plan
- Define goals, needs, and preferences, and identifying and accessing services, supports, and resources as part of the person-centered planning process
- Implement practical skills training such as recruiting, hiring, and managing workers, problem solving, conflict resolution, and more
- Develop an emergency back-up plan
- Implement employee training
- Include other areas related to providing information and assistance to individuals in order to manage services and supports
To learn more about Support Broker services, please contact us at (573) 207-2070.
Avant Supported Living’s in-home respite care is given to individuals who are unable to care for themselves on a short-term basis. The purpose of this service is to provide temporary care due to the absence or need for relief of the people who normally provide care to the individual.
To learn more about In-Home Respite, please contact us at (573) 207-2070.
Avant Supported Living’s personal assistant services include helping individuals with any activities of daily living (ADLs) or instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs). Our personal assistant may also directly perform some of these activities and support the individual in learning how to perform certain actions.
Assistance for ADLs may include the following:
- Transfer and ambulation
- Skin care
- Extension of therapies and exercise
- Care of adaptive equipment
- Meal preparation and feeding
- Incidental household cleaning and laundry
Assistance for IADLs may include the following:
- Banking and budgeting
- Using public transportation
- Social interaction
- Recreation and leisure activities
- Accompaniment, cueing, and minor problem-solving necessary to achieve increased independence, productivity, and inclusion in the individual’s community
To learn more about our Personal Assistant services, please contact us at (573) 207-2070.
Looking for more information on
Avant Supported Living’s Services?
Please contact us at (573) 207-2070 or schedule an appointment below.